Amanda Hone - Contemporary Artist & Designer
I was born in England in 1964, raised in Scotland and now live and work in the majestic mountains of Snowdonia in North Wales.
Entirely self-taught, my work is characterized by a bold use of colour and striking abstract imagery.
I am a prolific, highly collectable artist with paintings in public and private collections worldwide and have exhibited in several different locales across the UK.
Influenced by such artists as Ton Schulten, Hundertwasser and Picasso, I am deeply passionate about colour and form and strive to combine these elements in my paintings, creating work that impacts on the eye with force. Often humorous and off-beat, my art clearly shows my great enthusiasm for creation and my optimistic outlook on life.
Shows, Exhibitions & Awards
- Febuary 2004 - Won Patron's Choice Award in the on-line World Myths & Mythology Show on EBSQ
- June 2004 - Juried into EBSQ Plus section of on-line art site EBSQ
- July 2004 - Exhibited at Open 2004 'Identity' Exhibition at Oriel Davies Newtown
- Aug-Sept 2004 - Exhibited at North Wales Contemporary Art Fair 2004 at Oriel I Bawb, Porthmadog
- Feb-March 2005 - Solo Show at Oriel I Bawb, Porthmadog
- March-April 2005 - Exhibited at 'Birds of a Feather' Exhibition at Oriel I Bawb and Metropolitan Cathedral, Liverpool
- July 2005 - Won Member's Choice Award in the on-line Abstract Expressions Show on EBSQ
- July-Sept 2006 - Exhibited at 'Off The Wall' Exhibition at Snowdon Gallery, Porthmadog